Saturday, April 14, 2007

Gone Fishing...

Not really! ...But I have been making some fishy cards!! This "Best Fishes" card was made using the "Very Punny" stamp set from Stampin' Up! I also used Brilliant Blue cardstock, a classic black ink pad, and watercolor pencils. The patterned paper is from Paper Pizazz and is appropriately named "bubbles".


This next card was made using the "Doodle This" stamp set from Stampin' Up! I heat embossed it with gold detail embossing powder and then colored the flowers and the yellow and blue paper with Twinkling H2O's (they're just sparkly watercolors).



Warning!! If you're female, you may want to stop reading here. Otherwise you might see one of these two cards in the near future!! I used the "Looks Like Spring" stamp set on this card. The background of the card is So Saffron cardstock. I used So Saffron and Almost Amethyst classic ink pads to make the argyle paper and matted it against Almost Amethyst cardstock. The flower is stamped on Whisper White cardstock with Almost Amethyst classic ink and then cut out by hand. The center of the flower is colored with So Saffron classic ink and then I added some glitter just because I love sparkly things. The M's in MOM came from a set of Stampabilities stamps that I've had for over a year and never used. The flower was stamped on Whisper White cardstock and punched out using the Spring Bouquet punch from Stampin' Up! I attached the small flower with a So Saffron brad and then matted the whole word on Almost Amethyst cardstock. The ribbon was purchased at Hobby Lobby.




Finally... This last card is made using Basic Black cardstock and the "Doodle That" and the "All Year Cheer II" stamp sets from SU! I stamped the little swirly stamp using Almost Amethyst classic ink on Almost Amethyst cardstock and then used a white gel pen to accent the swirlies. I used pastels (chalks) on the flower and the 1 1/4 inch and 1 3/8 inch circle punches on the front of the card. The ribbon was purchased at Hobby Lobby.

I really did accomplish something other than making cards today. I purchased the new ride seen in the previous post, started knocking a hole in our bathroom wall (building an access panel so we can get to the plumbing in the tub), cooked dinner, had a nice phone conversation with Mom, and watched a movie. Whew!! I'm going to bed!! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment