Sunday, August 26, 2007

Not Doin' Much...

I haven't posted in a while because I really haven't been doin' too much. I really need to be doing more cycling than I have been in the last several weeks, so I'm going to get REALLY serious about it again... tomorrow. I PROMISE!! I'm going to load up all my gear and my bike tonight so that I have no excuse when 5:00 PM rolls around tomorrow. The best places for training rides are on the farm roads outside of town. By riding those roads I eliminate all of the stops that have to be made in town and can really get some speed up.

I have really enjoyed the wildlife in our back yard this week. We have recently had several hummingbirds frequenting the feeders on the patio. I know there are at least two males and one female because all three of them were at the feeders at the same time yesterday afternoon. Despite the squirrels being a nuisance in my garden this year, I did enjoy watching one sneaking food from the bird feeders outside the dining room yesterday. I had just filled the feeders and the birds hadn't discovered the food yet. It doesn't take those squirrels long to find anything. The pictures didn't turn out very well, but I think they look fairly good for pictures that were taken through a tinted window with a screen in it.


These next pictures are some of the cards I've made recently. I can't take the time to list all the supplies used, right now, but will try to come back later and add that information.



I talked to my brother, David, who lives in Dekalb, IL (suburb of Chicago) on Friday morning. I had seen the severity of the storms that had moved through that area Thursday night in Friday mornings news. Unfortunately, they were one of many families evacuated Thursday night due to flooding. The water was waist high, at one point, inside their house. They are trying to salvage some of their belongings today. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. They have friends to stay with, but I can't imagine how stressful and trying the whole situation must be for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment