Friday, June 6, 2008

Dude...


I took the day off work today so I could clean house and finish preparing for my recipe tin class, which is being held tomorrow. This card has absolutely NOTHING to do with cleaning house OR preparing for my class. This card is a result of addiction. Hi... My name is Jen and I'm a rubber stamp addict. Whew!!! Only 11 steps to go! (Tee-Hee!) On my way from the coffee pot to the shower, I thought it wouldn't hurt to check out some of my favorite blogs. Beate has a super simple sketch challenge this week and I've wanted to use this stamp set (So Cool) for several weeks. I had some scraps of the 'East Coast Prep' DSP left from making Father's Day cards, so I thought I'd try to use those up. More Mustard is NOT one of my favorite colors, but it works with this set and is a coordinating color with 'East Coast Prep'. I added a strip of Tempting Turquoise, which was cut using Fiskars Paper Shapers scissors. I hardly EVER use those scissors anymore, but this set immediately reminded me of the jagged cut this particular pair offers. The dashed lines were added to the Whisper White strip using a Tempting Turquoise SU! marker. The dashes on the "Dude" mattes were added using the Signo Gel Pen. The main image was adhered to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Okay... NOW I'm going to get down to the business of house-cleaning and preparing for my class. Hope you're enjoying your day! TGIF!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! I LOVE the set and paper you used.
Thanks so much for participating in the challenge. Hugs and smiles

Kim said...

Love the colors!

Post a Comment