Saturday, June 21, 2008

An Ornery Streak? WHOOO... ME???


Owls seem to be one of the latest crazes in the rubber stamping world. I, personally, haven't done any stamping with owls. No particular reason... just haven't had the urge. Today, however, I woke up and had this idea for a card in my head and IT WOULD NOT GO AWAY!! I like to keep the blog rather family friendly, but I find this just a little bit humorous and couldn't resist sharing. I started with a card base of Very Vanilla and then added layers of Choco Chip and "Apple Cider" DSP. I stamped the tree branch from Spring Solitude after coloring the stamp with Choco Chip and Garden Green markers. Since my branch wasn't long enough for two "hooters" to sit on, I extended it by drawing it out longer and coloring it in with my Choco Chip marker. The owls were stamped from the "Just Celebrate" stamp set in Jet Black StazOn. I used my pastels and a blender pen to color them in. Once all that was done, I masked my owls and added clouds using a 1" circle mask, soft sky ink, and a makeup sponge. I stamped the sentiment using "Simple Serif Alphabet & Numbers" and Choco Chip ink. I used my 3/4" circle punch to round the ends and then matted it on Wild Wasabi. I used the 1" circle punch to round the ends of the Wild Wasabi piece. I added a couple of eyelets... one to each end of the sentiment and then ran a piece of poly-twill Choco Chip ribbon through each one. I don't know what compelled me to do this... honestly!!




They grow up so fast, don't they?? It seems just like yesterday when he was a baby. Our little "Tripod" is losing his little white baby spot on the top of his head. It just keeps getting smaller all the time and he just keeps getting bigger. It's very evident that his little leg was, obviously, broken sometime in the past. It sticks out to the side of his body, as you can see fairly clearly in the second photo. He still gets around pretty good for only having three good legs, though.



We hadn't seen any of Tripod's siblings since the night he came to stay with us. I happened to look out in the back yard at just the right time, this morning, though. This one is the same size as Tripod. Well... kind of. Their bone structure is the same size, but this poor little thing must be starving!! Look at how you can see his little shoulder and leg bones sticking out. It' just pitiful! It's OBVIOUSLY not a healthy rabbit like Tripod is! Tripod's siblings, though, aren't quite living the good life like he is... rabbit food he doesn't have to search for including shredded carrots, oatmeal, and hand-picked clover.

Well, I think I'm off for a bicycle ride. Enjoy your day! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment