Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lovin' The New Bird Punch!!

I have fallen in love with the new Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch from Stampin' Up!  It makes elegant cards come together in a flash and the new style of punches are SO much easier to store and to find when they're stored.  The inspiration for this card came from the most current issue of Card Maker magazine.  I started with a card base of Soft Suede.  I used one of the Cuttlebug border embossing folders to emboss the scallops along the bottom edge.  The next thing I did was layer some of the Raspberry Tart DSP on Rose Red, Whisper White, and Bashful Blue Cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped in Soft Sueded classic ink and comes from the "Messages For Mom" stamp set.   Before punching the bird from Bashful Blue CS, I stamped one of the images from the "Vintage Vogue" stamp set in Bashful Blue classic ink.  I punched the bird and the wing (I didn't LITERALLY punch the bird) and then inked the edges of the wing to give it a little more definition. I used my Basic Black marker to give the bird an eye.  The branches were punched, using the same punch,  from Old Olive CS.  The flower image was stamped in Rose Red classic ink on Whisper White CS, from the "Vintage Vogue" stamp set and then cut out by hand.  A white half pearl from the "Pretties Kit" was added to the center of the flower.  The bird's wing and the flower were added to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals to give the card some depth.  I thought it turned out VERY elegant!

Toodles,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment