Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bundle Of Joy

My sister-in-law, Tiffani, is in labor this evening and I'll soon have a new nephew.  That news got me in the mood to make a baby card.  I used the "Teddy & Train" stamp set and the "Pawsitively Prints" DSP with coordinating colors.  The teddy bear image was stamped in Jet Black StazOn on SU Watercolor Paper and then watercolored using the SU markers.  Hope you like the card.  I'll be anxiously awaiting the news of his arrival!!


Wednesday, October 14, 2009

For the Antelope Hunter

I realize this image is, most likely, an elk.  It's the closest thing I had to an antelope image, though, and I wanted a card to say "congrats" to someone for their recent antelope kill.  I used the Nature Silhouettes stamp set and stamped the images in Chocolate Chip classic ink on Apricot Appeal CS.  I punched a circle with the 1 1/4" circle punch and used it as a mask while stippling Bermuda Bay and Apricot Appeal classic ink over the images.  I removed the mask and wah-lah... I had a moon.  The Apricot Appeal and Bermuda Bay background layers were textured using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  After each piece was embossed, I rubbed the corresponding ink pad over the raised part to make it darker, which gave it more texture.  I added a piece of Apricot Appeal ribbon, but I'm not really sure the card needed it.  I may change my mind about that part and take it off later.  We'll see...  Let me know what you think!


Sunday, October 11, 2009

Glitter Critter

I know, I know... I haven't posted in FOREVER and now I have two posts in the same day. 
I haven't used enough glitter, lately, so this card made me happy!  I loooooove glitter and hadn't used my Fine Supernova glitter yet, nor had I used this stamp set.  The stamp set is called "Animal Stories" and I used the coordinating "Tall Tales" Designer Series Paper and cardstock.  The sentiment is from the "Hugs & Wishes" stamp set. The images were stamped in Chocolate Chip classic ink. I applied a strip of Sticky Strip to the strip of Old Olive cardstock and then applied my glitter to that.  I used the ticket corner punch on my image and applied So Saffron brads in the corners.  Tied a piece of Old Olive grosgrain ribbon in a knot and added it to my critter with a mini glue dot.  Super-duper fast and easy.  And now I'm in the mood to use even more glitter and it's almost bedtime.  What to do?  What to do???


Re-Inker Organization & a Card

I found these handy-dandy cutlery organizers at K-Mart and they turned out to be perfect for re-inker bottles.  The little tic-tac containers also fit perfectly on these "shelves".  When I purchased the organizers, I also picked up some sawtooth picture hangers and attached them to the backs of each piece.  Once that was done, these were ready for hanging.  I think they were sold in pairs, but I've had these for a couple of years so I don't remember for sure.

I loved this stamp set (Autumn Days) when I saw it in the catty, but have struggled to come up with any ideas for it.  I paired it with the "Autumn Meadows" Designer Series Paper and coordinating cardstock today and this is what "happened".  I wasn't too sure I was going to like this once I finished with it, but it turned out alright.

I got an e-mail from a fellow stamper today telling me that someone was sending spam out to my "StampChic Fan Club" members.  I apologize for any spam you might have received as a result of being a member of my fan club.  I have changed the settings so that ALL comments and postings MUST be approved by me before they'll be posted or sent out to the group.  This should prevent any future spam, so let me know if you continue to receive e-mails that look "fishy".


Saturday, October 10, 2009

Boo Banner

Don't say that very fast! I got this idea from another blog that I was visiting and thought it was neato-mosquito, so I whipped this out fairly quickly last night. I used the "Ghostly Greetings" Designer Series Paper from last year's SU! catalog and coordinating cardstock. My scalloped squares, straight-edged squares, and scalloped circles were cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities in my regular Sizzix machine. The letters were cut using the "Base Camp" cartridge in the Cricut. I used jumbo pewter eyelets at the top of the "B" square and knotted some striped Kiwi Kiss ribbon to make the hanger. I used sticky strip to adhere a strip of striped Pumpkin Pie ribbon to the backs of the squares, which is what made this whole thing a banner. I used a large circle brad to give the bottom some weight so it would hang straight. I just pulled the little brad legs apart (I know that sounds really bad! ;) ) and then wrapped them around the ribbon. I used needle-nose pliers to get them good and tight on the back so the ribbon would stay gathered and the brad wouldn't slide off. Drop by for a visit between now and Halloween and you'll see this spooky banner hanging on my front door!