Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Father's Day Test Run

I've had this stamp set (King of the Grill) for a while and haven't had a chance to use it yet, so spent a little time in the "woman cave" today trying to come up with some ideas for Father's Day cards.  I LOVE the way this turned out, even though it took quite a while.  I used the East Coast Prep Designer Series Paper with coordinating cardstock.  The image was stamped in Jet Black StazOn and then I used watercolor crayons, watercolor pencils, and metallic pencils to color it.  I used a glue pen with Dazzling Diamonds on the smoke from the wheels (I COULDN'T leave the glitter out!!) and Crystal Effects on the apron and hat to give them some dimension.  A jumbo eyelet was set in the upper left-hand corner and I knotted (that sounds better than "tied a bow" for a manly card) a piece of Real Red Striped Grosgrain ribbon through it.  Super cute card, if you ask me!!  (To view larger images, click on the photos below.)


Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment