Thursday, May 13, 2010

Vintage Elegance

I have to admit that I got this card design from a fellow stamper.  As soon as I saw it, I fell in love with it and had to re-create it, so here it is.  It would be perfect for someone who's name begins with an "M", don't you think?  I'm still trying to come up with the perfect card for a friend who has requested a card.  This is part of the problem with being a perfectionist... any normal person would make one card and it would be just right.  Me??  NNNNOOOO... I have to make card after card after card after card in an effort to get it JUST RIGHT when the recipient would probably be happy with the first thing I made.  I know... I need to get some help for this... or maybe I just need to accept that that's who I am! :)  This card uses the "Vintage Vogue" stamp set and I used Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, and Whisper White cardstock and ink.  The butterflies were cut from vellum using the "Beautiful Wings" Embosslit die and I added half pearls for their bodies.  The monogram is from the "Lovely Letters Alphabet" stamp set and was added to the card using Hodgepodge Hardware in Styled Silver.  The flowers were stamped and then cut out by hand. The center of each flower was made by knotting ribbon, punching a hole in the flower center, and running the tails of the ribbon through to the back.  The edges of all layers were sponged and distressed, with the exception of the base layer.  I LOVE, LOVE this card!!!  The dimension is just amazing and the pics really don't do it justice.  To view larger images, just click on the pics. 






Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment