Thursday, January 22, 2009

Unfaithful Blogger

I haven't been very faithful in my blogging yet this year. I had good intentions! Once the holidays were over I started working on home improvement projects and tried to start spending more time with friends. So far I've made progress on the house and have IMMENSELY enjoyed my time with friends.

Around Christmas, I promised to post photos of the projects I had been working on. I'm finally getting around to that. Sometime in November, I started making quilts. Originally, I was going to make three of them measuring 48" X 60" as gifts for two of my nieces and a nephew. Somewhere in the middle of the first three, I decided that I wanted to make three more. I was stressing for a little while, but managed to have all six of them completed the week before Christmas. So... here they are...




































































All of the quilts turned out to be beautiful and they were well received at our family Christmas celebration. Hopefully, they're keeping their new owners warm this winter!!


...And this is one of my latest card creations. The Designer Series Paper is a retired Stampin' Up! paper called "Outlaw". The bear, from "Under The Stars" was stamped in Basic Black classic ink on Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel cardstock several times. The muzzle and belly were cut from the Creamy Caramel and the head and body from Close to Cocoa. The bear's arms and head were added to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals for extra depth. I had to use a white Signo Gel Pen to get his teeth white and then used my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to sketch the teeth back in. The sentiment was printed from my computer on Very Vanilla cardstock. I needed several masculine birthday cards and this one fit the bill!
Toodles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your quilts!! they are too cool! i love the rag kinda look! i would love to be able to make these!

Angela said...

Love the skullies pattern! Where did you find the material - so cute - my girls would love it!

The card is adorable...think I'm going to have to get that set...

Anonymous said...

Jen...love the quilts! You can make me one anytime! :)

It must be tough being so creative!!! ;)

Post a Comment