Friday, October 17, 2008

Faux Embossing ROCKS!!

For some reason I hadn't gotten around to trying the faux embossing technique. Well... tonight I did and all I can say is "OH... MY... GOSH"!! I am loving this and can't wait to try it with some other stamp sets.
This card was made for today's "Limited Suppy Challenge" at Splitcoast Stampers. The challenge was to use only cardstock and stamps with one piece of ribbon and eyelets as the only embellishments. Oh... and we were supposed to use the color blue on our cards. As much as I love the faux embossing, though, it looks to me like this card needs a little something else. Suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome, so leave a comment if you have any good ideas for me! Maybe the ribbon would look better if I used black. Hhhmmmm.... I almost think the card would look better if I left off the ribbon and eyelets and just went with the simple stamped image. Anyhooty... My card base is Pacific Point. The image is from "Upsy Daisy" and was stamped on Kiwi Kiss CS with Whisper White craft ink. The image was then offset a little and stamped again with Kiwi Kiss classic ink. The Stamp-A-Ma-Jig comes in super-duper handy-dandy for this technique. The stamped image is matted on Basic Black and Whisper White. I used the Crop-A-Dile to set my jumbo eyelets and added the Pacific Point striped grosgrain ribbon. Be sure to let me know what you think! Have a splendiferous weekend! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment