Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm Hooked!

I think it's safe to say that I'm hooked on faux embossing! This card was created for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. My card base is Pacific Point and was faux embossed with the snowflake image from the "Winter Post" stamp set. I stamped the main image on watercolor paper with Jet Black StazOn and watercolored it with markers in Pretty In Pink and Old Olive and my Pacific Point classic ink. The main image was matted on Kiwi Kiss and Pink Pirouette CS. I thought, for sure, that I had already ordered the "Felt Flurries" from the Winter Mini. After turning my stamp room upside down looking for them, though, I finally decided that I hadn't really ordered them. Then it dawned on me that I had some white felt and an old Sizzix snowflake die. So I said to myself... "Self... since you own the Big Shot, why don't you make your own Felt Flurry?" And that's how this little felt flurry came to be. After I had run my felt through the Big Shot, I used a spray adhesive and covered the snowflake. I then sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds over it and Wah-Lah - A Dazzling Felt Flurry! (Click on images to view larger)

You can really see the shine on the snowflake here. The ribbon is the new Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin (to-die-for) ribbon from SU! I added one piece to the Pink Pirouette matte and then folded another small piece into a bow. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the bow so I could add my Ice Rhinestone brad.






Here's a closeup of the main image. I added Dazzling Diamonds with my glue pen to the cuffs of the girl's sweater and to her hat brim and pom-pom. This card measures 6 1/2 X 3 1/4 and will fit in the open ended envies from SU! I hadn't ever made a card this size and I REALLY like it. You should try it the next time you get a chance! Toodles!

1 comment:

Beate said...

Oh Jen, that is so pretty! I love it.
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Post a Comment