Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Spoke Too Soon...

Apparently, I've been bragging a little too much about not crashing the new bike yet. I intended on riding about 25 miles tonight, but only logged 14. Within the first two miles I had a small mishap. Ok... maybe you could call it a wreck. In any case, it scuffed my left knee up pretty bad. I endured the stinging and refused to look at it, afraid of what I might see. If you know me very well at all, you know that the mere sight of blood (anyone's blood) can make me pass out. About another mile down the road, I'll be darned if I didn't wipe out again. That time, I took a good beating to my right elbow. I did see some blood that time, but some other riders distracted me by striking up a conversation about how they'll NEVER use clipless pedals because they spend more time getting up and dusting themselves off than they do riding. As bad as I'm hurting right now and as sore as I'll be tomorrow morning, I'm not giving up my clipless pedals. The increased efficiency on the bike, as opposed to traditional pedals, is just incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment