Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Maiden Voyage

It's been a great day today. After church, Curt and I went out for some fine Chinese cuisine. We came home after lunch and made the maiden voyage on the new Giant. We rode about 15 miles and I left Curtis in the dust!! WOO-HOO!! It is amazing how much difference there is between bikes and I don't know how I ever made it as far as I did on the old mountain bike. I was afraid that I'd crash and burn at least once with the new cycling shoes, but I really didn't have any problems. I'm looking forward to riding a lot more and, hopefully, training for the MS150 this year. After our bike ride, we made a trip to Lowe's to pick up some things so we could finish some projects around the house. We had new carpet installed several months ago and haven't been able to open the door that goes out onto the patio since then. The pile of the new carpet was MUCH higher than that of the old and the door wouldn't clear it. Since it's been so cold and nasty out, anyway, we haven't really missed being able to use the back door. It was really nice today, though, and we started thinking about cooking out and using the patio more. We installed a fairly high threshhold and ended up cutting about 3/4 of an inch off of the bottom of the door. It opens and closes perfectly now.

One of our other purchases today was a new circular saw. We didn't own one yet and I think that's going to work best for cutting a hole in the bathroom wall. We are having our faucets replaced in the tub in the large bathroom in a couple of weeks (Thank you, in advance, Tony) and there isn't an access door to the plumbing. SO... I'm going to cut a hole in the wall and install the panel. I hope it's as easy as I think it will be.

I started working on another card today, but didn't get finished so I'll post that later. I hope you all had a splendiferous day! TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment