Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Card Creations

I've been working hard on getting some Christmas cards started. I've been trying to decide on a layout that won't be too bulky and require extra postage when mailing. Last year I mailed about 80 cards out and will have more this year, so I definitely don't want to add any more to the postage than I have to. This card was stamped using the Holy Triptych and Baroque Motifs stamp sets. The base of the card is Elegant Eggplant with a layer of Pale Plum on top. The image is stamped on glossy white cardstock that I colored using the alcohol ink technique. I stamped the image using Elegant Eggplant craft ink and Irridescent Ice embossing powder from SU. After heat embossing the image, I used a glue pen and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the angel's wing. The Baroque Motifs swirl was stamped using the same ink and Irridescent Ice embossing powder. The layout is super-duper simple, but the card turned out to be very elegant, indeed.


This card uses the same stamp sets and I used cardstock in Bravo Burgundy and Blush Blossom. The stamping and coloring techniques are the same ones I used on the card above and I added Dazzling Diamonds with a glue pen to the star and the halos above Mary's and Baby Jesus' heads.


I'm not too crazy about this card. I can't decide if it needs something else, or just needs to go in "file 13". I really, really like the Wondrous Gift stamp set, but I'm having trouble coming up with a layout that suits me. The tree was stamped in VersaMark and then heat embossed with a "blue tinsel" embossing powder from Stampendous on Whisper White cardstock. The star was also stamped in VersaMark and then heat embossed with the Heat & Stick Powder from SU. I added Romantic Red glitter from SU to the star while the Heat & Stick Powder was still sticky and then heat set it again to make sure it wasn't going anywhere. The base of the card is Bashful Blue and then I added a strip of Real Red. I used my sewing machine to add a zig-zag stitch across the top of the Real Red strip.


I love, love, love, love, love this card. You just can't beat the Designer Series Paper from SU. By the way... that reminds me... SU is having a special on their DSP this month. If you purchase three packages, you get a fourth package FREE!! That's right - I said FREE! They have THE most awesome double-sided DSP and it's great for all types of paper crafting. You aren't just limited to cards. If you're interested in getting your very own FREE DSP, don't hesitate to contact me by leaving a comment on this post. Tell me how to contact you and I'll do so very quickly. This special is good only through the end of this month, so time is running VERY short. This would be a great Christmas gift for the crafty people in your life! Now that I'm finished with my sales pitch, I'll tell you about this card. The base of the card is Real Red and then I added a layer of Old Olive. The tree is from the Lovely As A Tree stamp set and is stamped in Old Olive craft ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then heat embossed using Irridescent Ice embossing powder. Once that cooled, I used a glue pen to "dot" the tree and then sprinkled Romantic Red glitter from SU it. After dusting off the excess glitter, I had a beautifully decorated tree. The "Happy Holidays" image is from the Riveting stamp set. It was stamped in Real Red craft ink and heat embossed using Irridescent Ice embossing powder. I used my SU punches to punch that image out, as well as the Old Olive layer behind it and the Real Red scalloped circle behind that one. After my DSP and stamped images were adhered to the Old Olive CS, I added a piece of red organdy ribbon that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.


The photo above just doesn't do the bling any justice on this card, so maybe this one will show it off a little better. I completed thirteen of these cards tonight and four each of the ones above, earlier in the week, so I still have many more to go.


I'm really surprised at how much I accomplished tonight since it was "CiCi's night". Once a month, CiCi's Pizza has a night when they donate 10% of their proceeds to Branden and Lauren's elementary school. The kids love to go because all their friends are there and they LOVE the pizza and warm cinnamon rolls. Okay... maybe I like those cinnamon rolls a little too much, myself.

Well, I'm getting to bed later than I intended... AGAIN!! ...And there's still laundry to be switched over to the dryer. There really aren't enough hours in the day. Hope you all enjoyed your day, immensely!! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment