Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Card, Same Layout

For this card, I used the same layout as the last card in my previous post. On the top panel and the panel to the left, I covered cardstock with aluminum foil. On the top panel, I stamped the "Seasons Greetings" image in Night of Navy craft ink and then heat embossed it with clear detail embossing powder. The side panel is also a piece of cardstock covered in aluminum foil that I embossed using the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. That panel has a piece of silver and blue ribbon tied around it that was purchased at Hobby Lobby. The tree image is from the Lovely As A Tree set and is stamped in silver Encore ink and then heat embossed with an embossing powder from Hobby Lobby called "silver tinsel". I dotted my glue pen randomly across the tree and then sprinkled Ultra Fine Storm Opaque glitter (from Barbara Trombley's Original Art Glittering System) on and shook the excess off. All of these pieces are layered on a piece of Whisper White cardstock, which is mounted on a card base of Night Of Navy. This card is much more beautiful in real life, than it is in this photo. It's a little more time consuming that the other card using the same layout, so I'm trying to decide if this will be a one of a kind card or if it's something I'll reproduce. Thanks for looking!!

I took another picture at a little different angle so the glitter and dry embossing would show up a little better...


No comments:

Post a Comment