Sunday, December 30, 2007

Cards On Drugs

Apparently, my creativity isn't stifled by the use of Hydrocodone! My surgery went well on Friday and I'm at home recuperating now. The pain is tolerable as long as I'm taking the pain medication. I haven't stopped taking it long enough to find out just how painful it really could be and don't plan to do so. Since I can't get out and drive or operate heavy machinery, I've been making some cards. This first card was made using one of the new hostess stamp sets called "Infinite Goodness". All images are stamped in Jet Black StazOn and then watercolored using Mellow Moss and Brocade Blue. The dragonfly is mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals and was covered in Dazzling Diamonds using a glue pen.


This card is made using the "A Little Birdie Told Me" stamp set from the Spring/Summer Preview 2008 catalog. All images are stamped using Jet Black StazOn and are colored with SU markers. The ribbon was some plain yellow ribbon that I purchased at Hobby Lobby and then stamped with an image from the "A Beautiful Thing" stamp set using Jet Black StazOn.



This card uses the new "Happy Heart Day" stamp set. These images were also stamped using Jet Black StazOn and then colored with SU markers. I used the Petals & Paisley DSP and some pink ribbon that was purchased at Hobby Lobby.



...And last, but not least... this card uses the "Embrace Life" stamp set. I masked the floral image and stamped it using Jet Black StazOn ink. The flowers were then watercolored using Ruby Red and Cameo Coral Classic inks and a watercolor pen. The stamped image is mounted on a piece of Ruby Red CS and then a piece of Basic Black CS. The card base is a piece of Basic Black CS with a slightly smaller piece of River Rock CS with the "Weathered" background image stamped on it. Ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. I think this is my favorite of all four cards that I've made under the influence of pain killers. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this creative streak when they're no longer needed! TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment