Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm Still "Lit Up"

If you're contemplating a tonsillectomy as an adult, just for the fun of it, you might want to give me a call first. This is the fourth day after surgery and the pain has been a little worse each day. I've GOT to be getting close to the point where it starts getting a little better each day. The good news is that I was able to sleep more today than I have since the surgery. Between hurting so bad and taking hydrocodone, I haven't been able to sleep for very long intervals. I took two naps today and I think the second one may have lasted a couple of hours. During my hours awake, I've been able to work on cards and do some crocheting. I really think my creativity soars when I'm taking pain killers. I think it makes me slender and beautiful, too. WHATEVER!! Anyway, here are some of the cards I've worked on over the last couple of days.

This card was made using Purely Pomegranate, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Very Vanilla Cardstock. The steam isn't very visible, but I stamped it in VersaMark and then heat embossed it with Irridescent Ice EP. The whipped cream on top of my latte is painted on with fabric puff paint. After using the heat gun on it, it looked just like whipped cream!




This card is made using Basic Black, River Rock, and Purely Pomegranate CS. I layered a piece of Holiday Harmony DSP on the bottom of the card. The image is stamped in River Rock ink using the Stem Silhouettes stamp set and then I stamped an image from Sincere Salutations in Purely Pomegranate over the first image. The ribbon is the wide satin Purely Pomegranate ribbon from the SU Holiday Mini catalog.



The next card is one I did in response to a color challenge on Splitcoast Stampers today. The challenge was to use Taken with Teal, Real Red, and Certainly Celery CS together. These are not colors that I would have chosen to use together, but I like the way the card turned out. The polka dot paper is from the Petals & Paisley DSP. The flower and butterfly were stamped and cut out and then mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals. I used Dazzling Diamonds on the cut-outs, so this card is much more dazzling in real life!


Well, I can't take any more pain medication for another hour and a half, so I'm going to find something to do to occupy my mind so MAYBE I won't think about how bad I'm hurting. I think I'll just take another nap!! TTFN!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. You're one crafty girl! The hot chocolate card is my favorite. Probably because it's soooo cold!!!

Post a Comment