Sunday, December 2, 2007

I'm stumped...

All weekend I've been on a creative roll and haven't stopped making things. This afternoon, I decided to switch to making cards for a while. Most of my projects, this weekend, have involved sitting at the sewing machine for hours on end or out in the garage running a table saw, electric sander, or a paintbrush. It's just like Santa's workshop... except for one thing... I'm the ENTIRE assembly line! Anyway, I decided to work on my Christmas cards again this afternoon, but wanted to do some different designs. The first attempt wasn't awful, but I don't really like it well enough to share it with you. It will go into "don't try this again" file. My next attempt was BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL... and I never saw it coming! The base of this card is Purely Pomegranate card stock with a layer of Very Vanilla over that one. I layered a piece of gold "mirror paper" (purchased at JoAnn's) which I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and layered that on the bottom half of the card. I stamped the angel from the Holy Triptych set on Very Vanilla card stock in Encore gold ink and heat embossed it using gold embossing tinsel that was purchased at Hobby Lobby. I watercolored the image using my Purely Pomegranate ink refill. I used a glue pen on her wing and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds over it. I then mounted the stamped image on a piece of Purely Pomegranate card stock to mat it. After adding the image to my card base, I tied a piece of the Pure Pomegranate wide satin ribbon on the left-hand side of the card. ABSOLUTELY SMASHING!!! (If I do say so, myself!) There's just one problem. That ribbon? Well, it makes a pretty fat bow and I do mean pretty! I'm pretty sure the postage would be double on these little beauties. You won't mind if I just turn it into an e-card and e-mail the picture to you, will you? Just kidding!! I really won't be sending many of these out, however, due to the extra postage requirement. I hope you like it and thanks for looking!! TTFN!


P.S. About those other artsy-fartsy things I'm working on... you probably won't see those until after Christmas! Sorry!

1 comment:

Gwen Mangelson said...

Gorgeous, elegant, beautiful, graceful, lovely, rich looking,
artistic, creative, esthetically pleasing,
attractive, brilliant,colorful, dazzling, delightful, enjoyable, exquisite, fine, flamboyant, glorious,grand, impressive, knockout*, luxurious, magnificent, opulent, ostentatious, pleasing, plush, pretentious, pulchritudinous, ravishing, resplendent, showy, splendid, splendiferous, stunning, sumptuous, superb,

need I say more? ;O)

Post a Comment