Friday, February 8, 2008

Our Stamps Are Here!! Our Stamps Are Here!!

Did you hear that, ladies? Our stamps are here! The UPS guy left a nice, hefty package on my front porch today and I've got everything bagged up and ready to go. I just love the smell of new rubbah, don't you?

I haven't been much in the mood to stamp this week. No... I'm not sick. I just haven't been feeling very creative. After unpacking the order today, though, I started to get the itch again and this is what I came up with. I was trying to combine this week's color challenge (Ballet Blue, Real Red, and Apricot Appeal) with the sketch challenge and I just couldn't get those colors to work with that sketch, so this is what I came up with instead.
The balloons were stamped on Whisper White with Ballet Blue, Real Read, and Apricot Appeal classic ink. I cut them out "freehand" (this word is in quotation marks because we had a little misunderstanding with it at last month's PMS, so now it's just a little joke) with my paper snips. All three balloons, which are from the 'Birthday Whimsy' set, are mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals. The monkey is from the 'Zoofari' set and is stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals. I colored him with Close to Cocoa ink and a blender pen and cut him out "freehand" with my paper snips. I tied crochet thread around each balloon and tied the other end to the monkey's tail. The 'happy birthday' and '...and many more!' stamps are also from the 'Birthday Whimsy' set. They are stamped in Ballet Blue on Whisper White cardstock. I inked the edges of the cardstock with Ballet Blue before adhering the images to my card. The '...and many more!' image is mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals.
Tomorrow, I'm headed south to Branson. One of my favorite little stores is having a sale and I need to go see if they have something I don't. I'll probably make a stop at a few stores at the Tanger Outlet while I'm there, too. I'd hate to miss a sale somewhere!
Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm hoping I'll still be feeling creative on Sunday and can get some new things posted. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment