Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Couple of Things

Lauren, my step-daughter, called me last night to tell me how much her teacher enjoyed her note card gift set. Lauren was so proud because Mrs. Gist thought she had purchased them until Lauren told her that she had made them. It made my day that she called me to thank me for helping her!! I love you, Lauren!


This card was made for the color challenge on SCS this week. The floral background stamp is from Stampabilities and was stamped on Whisper White CS with Basic Black classic ink. The main image is from "She's All That" (in the Occassions Mini Catalog to be released on March 1st) and was stamped with Basic Black craft ink and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I pierced the corners and matted it on Basic Black CS before adding it to my base of River Rock CS.












Well, this just turned out way too cute! I wasn't sure what I'd come up with or how complicated it would be, but it wasn't hard at all. This is a tiny little milk carton, made from an 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of Pretty In Pink CS, and it measures 4 3/4" tall and 2 1/4" wide. The "happy" tag is from "Polka Dots & Paisleys" and the butterfly is from the hostess set called "Time Well Spent". I added Dazzling Diamonds (go figure) to the butterfly before adding her to the front of the carton. I'm not sure I like the bow on the top, so I may have to revise that later. This MIGHT turn up at a future PMS... we'll see. I'm working on some other clever ideas, so I'll just have to see what turns out the best.


















Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment