Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Who Knew PMS Was So Much Fun??

We had a GREAT time with PMS again this month. We made eight all-occasion greeting cards similar to these two using the "Fun & Fast Notes" stamp set. The images were stamped with Jet Black StazOn and then we water colored them with classic inks, Aqua painter, and/or blender pens.






















Our next project was a gift tote and monogrammed note cards. I had seen the idea for these cards somewhere before, although I don't remember exactly where. I love the way these sets turned out. They were relatively simple and quick to put together.


























My step-daughter, Lauren, was able to spend some time stamping with the ladies this month. She just turned 10 last month and is VERY artsy-fartsy. She had a good time stamping with us. She's a sassy little thang, too, so she fit right in with the rest of us! The tote and cards below are the ones she made for her fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Gist, who is retiring this year. I had run completely out of Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky cardstock by the time I knew Lauren would be stamping with us, so hers was made with Purely Pomegranate and Pretty In Pink. I think it looks absolutely SMASHING!























I feel like I cheated making this card. The color challenge on SCS, this week, is River Rock, Basic Black, and Whisper White. The new "Essence of Love" stamp set came to mind immediately when I started thinking about those colors together. That set will be available on March 1st in the new Occasions Mini Catalog. Both images were stamped with Basic Black craft ink and then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. A piece of black organdy ribbon was tied across the Whisper White piece. It turned out to be a very elegant card and took about five minutes to put together.









I made a trip to see my brother and his family last night. This is Miss Emily, my niece who was born on October 31st. She's SO sweet... like that's not obvious! She's spoiled rotten, too, so I have a feeling she's going to be a little stinker! What an angel, though... don't you think?

TTFN!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love the card for todays challenge! Love the colors together!!

Shanna Fudge said...

I love the monogramed cards. Too Cute

Post a Comment