Monday, April 14, 2008

"B" Is For Bling

Well, isn't this just the cutest little card? Amy has me hooked on making all those little dots. It's time consuming but, boy, does it add some "WOW" to a card?! Actually, I should have made two of these... one with the dots and one without... just so you could see the difference.

This, my friends, is FREE rubbah! Well, maybe not completely free. It was a gift from Stampin' Up! to those demonstrators who attended Regionals this year. I just got it in the mail today. I inked my stamp up using Stampin' Write Markers in Taken With Teal and Pumpkin Pie and then stamped it on Whisper White CS. I used my glue pen and (yes... you guessed it) added some Dazzling Diamonds to the "b". I layered that on Taken With Teal and Basic Black CS before adding my dots with my handy-dandy Signo White Gel Pen. I cut two small strips from Bali Breeze DSP and matted those on Taken With Teal CS. Those pieces were added to my card base, which was Pumpkin Pie, Taken With Teal, and Basic Black CS (with dots).


My next card uses the "Time For You" stamp set and the "Afternoon Tea" Designer Series Paper from the Ocassions Mini Catalog. My card base is Chocolate Chip with a layer of Groovy Guava. I cut three strips of the "Afternoon Tea" paper and matted those on Chocolate Chip CS. The image was stamped on Very Vanilla with Jet Black StazOn ink. It was then watercolored using Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, and Basic Black classic ink pads and an AquaPainter. I punched the corners using the Ticket Corner Punch and then matted it on Groovy Guava and Chocolate Chip. "Vintage" brads were added to the corners. My ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.

I also managed to get all my quilt blocks and backing cut for a baby quilt. Hopefully, I can get that finished by the end of the week. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment