Thursday, April 3, 2008

Out of Control!!

Well, the layers on this card got way out of control quick, fast, and in a hurry. I sat down with the intention of completing a card using two challenges from Splitcoast Stampers. The first was the sketch challenge from last week and the second was the color challenge from this week. The colors were Creamy Caramel, Mellow Moss, Apricot Appeal, and Cameo Coral. My card base is Cameo Coral matted on Mellow Moss with the top left-hand corner being pierced. The flowers, from the "Bloomin' Beautiful" stamp set, were stamped in Jet Black StazOn ink and then watercolored using all of the above mentioned colors in classic ink. I used the Aquapainter for my watercoloring. I trimmed my stamped image so that the main part of it was 1 1/2 inches wide, but I trimmed around the flowers so they'd hang over the edges. This piece was matted on Apricot Appeal and Mellow Moss. The next layer has the blossom definition stamp from "Bloomin' Beautiful" stamped in Mellow Moss on Apricot Appeal cardstock. This image was matted on Cameo Coral and Mellow Moss. The next layer is a piece of Creamy Caramel matted on Apricot Appeal and Mellow Moss. The bee was stamped from the same set in Jet Black StazOn. I watercolored him with Apricot Appeal and then used my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to give him his stripes. I cut the bee out with my handy-dandy Spellbinders dies (If you don't own any of these yet, all I can say is WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? They're the bomb!) The bee image is matted on Apricot Appeal and Cameo Coral, both of which were cut using the Spellbinders Nestabilities. You should know me well enough by now to know that I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter... it's on both flowers and the bee. The second photo was taken at an angle so you could really see the bling. Well, this one has the record for having the most layers of any card I've made. It's absolutely smashing (way better in real life than it is in these photos), but not one I'd duplicate for swaps or just for the heck of it! TTFN!



No comments:

Post a Comment