Saturday, July 19, 2008

2008-2009 In Colors Sneak Peek

Just thought I'd share a sneak peek of the new "In Colors" that will be coming out in the new Stampin' Up! catalog in August. I received my new supplies earlier this week and have been playing with them a little, although not as much as I'd like. This summer has been crazy and doens't look to get much better anytime soon! The new "In Colors" are (from left to right) Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, and Pink Pirouette.

I wasn't absolutely thrilled with these colors when I first saw them, but then I challenged myself to do something using ALL the colors, whether I liked them or not. A friend of mine had surgery last week, so I made this gift set for her. The flower arrangement was made using the 'One Of A Kind' stamp set, Jet Black StazOn ink and the new In Colors. After cutting each piece out, I used my two-way glue pen to add Dazzling Diamonds. Each flower was taped to a wooden floral stem with Scotch tape. My "vase" is a recycled Starbucks Frapuccino bottle. The flower stems are held in place by marbles in the bottom of the bottle. I have uploaded some photos to my Kodak Gallery so you can view them more closely if you'd like. You can see those photos here. I made the gift boxes so that I could fill them with rows of Dove chocolates. There are two boxes with lids, stacked, and then tied together with white organdy ribbon. I added a flower to the top of the box to match those in the bouquet. The card also has one of the flowers on the front of it and a bow made from Pretty In Pink taffeta ribbon. After completing this project, I have a much greater appreciation for the new colors and REALLY like them.


This is a sneak peek at two of the new Designer Series Papers coming out. The first one is called "Holiday Happenings".








This one, which is ABSOLUTELY SPLENDIFEROUS, is called "Bella Rose". I already know that this is going to be one of my favorites and I might as well order another pack now! It's SO much prettier in real life!!








I haven't seen Tripod in several days and think something must have happened to him. Up until about three days ago, he was waiting by the fence every day for his oatmeal. Three days ago, I took his oatmeal to him and he wasn't there. I held out hope that he was just out somewhere being a "normal" bunny and that he'd come back for his oatmeal later. The oats haven't been touched since then, though, and we've seen no other signs of Tripod. I was afraid something like this might happen, but I also know that a wild bunny would never be happy living his entire life in a small cage. I'm glad that we had the experience of knowing him and I hope we made his life, at least, a little better.

Convention is coming up in just 10 days and I'm still not finished with swaps, so I need to get to work!! With everything that's going on in the next several weeks, I may not have another blog post for a while. I'll definitely have LOTS to share when I get back from Salt Lake City, though!! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment