Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Beautiful Day In The Ozarks

At 4:30 PM it's 67 degrees with a light breeze and LOTS of sun! I think spring may be well on it's way and I couldn't be happier! I really had the urge to take my bicycle out for a spin today, but needed to work on some things for the upcoming week. I'll be attending the regional Stampin' Up! meeting on Friday and need to have some swaps done before then. I'd like to take about 50 of them but, so far, I only have 18 completed. After getting those finished, I wanted to try some birth announcements. My friend, Carrie, asked me about doing some birth announcements so I had to play around to see what I could come up with.

This first card uses the "Big on Spring" stamp set. I added a close-up of the onesie because you can't really see the detail on the card. I stamped the onesie image in Timber Brown StazOn on Berry Bliss DSP and cut it out. Then I stamped the entire image in Timber Brown StazOn on Whisper White CS and colored the letters with a Pretty In Pink marker. I pierced the corners and matted that piece on a piece of Pretty In Pink and then on a piece of Chocolate Chip CS. The other two layers are Berry Bliss DSP matted on Chocolate Chip. The card base is Pretty In Pink. I also stamped the heart from the front of the onesie on Pretty In Pink CS, cut it out, and adhered it to the onesie with a glue pen.



This one turned out pretty cute, but I think maybe I should have left the Rose Red CS out. There's something just not quite right about it and I'm thinking it might be the Rose Red. I LOVE the "Nursery Necessities" stamp set. I also used "Bundled in Love" on this one. Images were stamped in Bashful Blue, Rose Red, So Saffron, and Certainly Celery on Whisper White CS. They are all matted on Bashful Blue CS and then I added several coordinating layers of CS under that. This one needs some tweaking, but I need a break after 20 cards.

Branden had his first orchestra concert on Thursday evening of last week and he did an AWESOME job! The orchestra he plays with is made up of 5th graders from about five area elementary schools. They put on an excellent performance and we're SO proud of him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, I love the onesie card. That's sooo adorable.
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch! Hugs and smiles

Post a Comment