Saturday, March 29, 2008

Look, Ma... No Bling!!


I've made two cards in a row that have absolutely no glitter or embossing powder. This could, quite possibly, be a record for me. The first card is in response to Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #41. I also used this week's color challenge on SCS, which was Basic Gray, Soft Sky, and Whisper White. The base of my card is Basic Gray, a layer of Soft Sky, and a layer of Whisper White. I pierced the upper and lower right-hand corners of the Whisper White layer. The next layer is a piece of Soft Sky that I embossed using one of the new Cuttlebug folders. I really wish they'd print the names on the folders so I could find them when I need them. Anyway, it's the one with diamond shapes scattered across it. I used a Classic Basic Gray ink pad to ink up the negative side of the folder. I put my Soft Sky cardstock inside the folder and embossed it. When I took the Soft Sky piece out - WAH-LAH! - it was Basic Gray with Soft Sky diamonds. Great... now I have that stupid song stuck in my head... "Lucy in the sky with diamonds". I stamped "Grad" in Basic Gray on Whisper White cardstock and layered it over Soft Sky and Basic Gray cardstock. I used the Ticket Corner punch on the corners and then added four vintage brads.

This card was designed for a friend who asked if I would make a gift set of ten birth announcements. I used paper from the Simply Scrappin' Special Delivery Girl kit along with Groovy Guava, Sahara Sand, Apricot Appeal, and Whisper White cardstock. Scalloped edges are accented with the uni-ball Signo Gel Pen. Images are from the By Ones & By Twos stamp set and the onesie was paper-pieced. A piece of Whisper White taffeta ribbon adds the finishing touch.

I still can't get over the fact that I haven't touched any glitter in days. I'm going to have to go use it for SOMETHING!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both cards look GREAT!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch! Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

What! No glitter, you say? Still, they are great cards :)
Vanessa

Post a Comment