Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm Connected!!!

I can see some of you right now... you have one eyebrow raised, saying "That girl has NEVER been connected - at least not connected RIGHT"! My internet access has been restored and I'm no longer isolated from the real world!! Ok, ok... I had internet access from 8 am to 5 pm every day at work and then brought my laptop home so I could do some surfing on my own time. I guess I wasn't totally isolated, but it wasn't my world as I'm used to it! My good friend, Tom, gets all the credit for getting me back to blogland. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Tom... from the bottom of my big toe!!


Before I get to any projects, I wanted to share this picture of one of my babies. Wesson (of Smith & Wesson) looks like he had a wreck with our front door. NOT SO! He, actually, fell asleep like this. I had the front door open yesterday afternoon and he decided to nap in the sunshine. The white thingy is the door, if you hadn't figured that out yet. His right paw was under the door and his nose was literally against the door. Almost looks like he fell asleep mid-play! Silly rascal!






On to my most recent creations...

This card was made using last week's SCS sketch challenge. This is "traitor" (anything "traitor" is anything that didn't come from Stampin' Up!) cardstock. I have a big pile of it that I need to get rid of. I don't know why I thought making one card would make a dent in the pile. I still have a stack of the "traitor" stuff that's 8 inches deep, and that's only the 8 1/2" X 11" stack. My stack of "traitor" patterned paper is bigger than that! Anyhooty, I stamped some "traitor" red with Real Read classic ink using the "In The Stars" stamp set. That's "traitor" ribbon, too. The rocket, from "Pun Fun" was stamped in Jet Black StazOn and then colored with my Sakura Stardust pens. I punched the stars using the two star punches from SU! and adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals.

You can see the dimension in this pic. The sentiment is also from "Pun Fun" and was punched using the SU! oval punches.







There's a sad story that goes with this card. Our neighbors, across the street, lost their dog on Saturday evening. They were enjoying the evening in their front yard, around 9:30 pm, where their kids and the dog were playing. Curtis and the kids were in our living room watching a movie and I was in my craft room making cards. I remember hearing Curtis say "someone's been hit" and I ran for the front door. The kids across the street play in the street VERY frequently. The teenagers skateboard out there, but I'd never known them to do it after dark. I've NEVER seen the smaller children in the street. Their Boxer was always on the front porch or not very far from it, so it never crossed my mind that she was the one who had been hit. Thank goodness, it wasn't one of the kids, but I know much a dog can be part of the family, too. I couldn't sleep that night and found myself staring out our front window at 2:30 am on Sunday praying for their family. They all saw it happen and I know how devastated I was, so I can't begin to imagine their pain. Anyway, this card was for them. I wanted to do something for them, so badly, but there's really nothing we CAN do, except to let them know that we care and are thinking about them and praying for them. This card was CASE'd from a past issue of Cards Magazine (I think... It might have been PaperCrafts, now that I think about it.)

This card, also uses the SCS sketch challenge from last week. There is NOTHING "traitor" on this card! The card base is Chocolate Chip and the DSP is "Outlaw", which retired last year. The images were stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock with Chocolate Chip craft ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I used the ticket corner punch on the Sage Shadow matte and added a Really Rust matte under that. I punched the sentiment out using the Designer Label punch and then cut the "humps" off with my paper snips. I used the 1 1/4" circle punch to cut a Sage Shadow piece and the 1 3/8" circle punch to cut a piece of Really Rust. The sentiment was adhered to the top of those two circles. The ribbon is the Chocolate Chip poly-twill from the Occasions Mini Catalog. That reminds me... if you want to order anything from the Occasions Mini, you only have until June 30th. There's nothing I DON'T like from the Occasions Mini, but that ribbon is SPECTACULAR!! You can feel the quality and it lays just perfectly.

That's all I have for now. I've got to go get busy on something else! Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment