Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Quick Card


I made this card really quickly, after work today. It was done quickly because I didn't get home until 6 pm and American Idol will be coming on at 7 pm. I started out using the color challenge from SCS this week (Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, & Certainly Celery). I also wanted to use today's sketch challenge, but this stamp set just doesn't require much "dressing up" in my opinion. "Elegant simplicity" comes to mind when I think of this set, which is actually called "Essence of Love". I started out with a card base of Blue Bayou and then added a layer of Certainly Celery. My image was stamped on Whisper White using Soft Sky classic ink. I stamped the image again, just offset from the first one, in Blue Bayou. It gives the image the appearance of a shadow (and you just thought my photo was blurry!). I stamped the sentiment from the same set in Blue Bayou and matted that piece on a piece of Soft Sky cardstock and then a piece of Blue Bayou cardstock. I added a piece of Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon and WAH-LAH... we have a beautifully, simply, elegant card. I wasn't sure how I'd like this color combo, but I like it A LOT with this set.
Ok... gotta run... American Idol will be on in five minutes and I've got to get some popcorn made!! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment