Saturday, October 10, 2009

Boo Banner

Don't say that very fast! I got this idea from another blog that I was visiting and thought it was neato-mosquito, so I whipped this out fairly quickly last night. I used the "Ghostly Greetings" Designer Series Paper from last year's SU! catalog and coordinating cardstock. My scalloped squares, straight-edged squares, and scalloped circles were cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities in my regular Sizzix machine. The letters were cut using the "Base Camp" cartridge in the Cricut. I used jumbo pewter eyelets at the top of the "B" square and knotted some striped Kiwi Kiss ribbon to make the hanger. I used sticky strip to adhere a strip of striped Pumpkin Pie ribbon to the backs of the squares, which is what made this whole thing a banner. I used a large circle brad to give the bottom some weight so it would hang straight. I just pulled the little brad legs apart (I know that sounds really bad! ;) ) and then wrapped them around the ribbon. I used needle-nose pliers to get them good and tight on the back so the ribbon would stay gathered and the brad wouldn't slide off. Drop by for a visit between now and Halloween and you'll see this spooky banner hanging on my front door!







Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment