Wednesday, October 14, 2009

For the Antelope Hunter

I realize this image is, most likely, an elk.  It's the closest thing I had to an antelope image, though, and I wanted a card to say "congrats" to someone for their recent antelope kill.  I used the Nature Silhouettes stamp set and stamped the images in Chocolate Chip classic ink on Apricot Appeal CS.  I punched a circle with the 1 1/4" circle punch and used it as a mask while stippling Bermuda Bay and Apricot Appeal classic ink over the images.  I removed the mask and wah-lah... I had a moon.  The Apricot Appeal and Bermuda Bay background layers were textured using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  After each piece was embossed, I rubbed the corresponding ink pad over the raised part to make it darker, which gave it more texture.  I added a piece of Apricot Appeal ribbon, but I'm not really sure the card needed it.  I may change my mind about that part and take it off later.  We'll see...  Let me know what you think!


Toodles,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great card! The Bermuda Bay sets off the scene perfectly!

Post a Comment