Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Biking and Cards and Other Stuff

I made a new friend at the Monday night MS150 training ride. Her name is Tressie. I told Curtis that I finally found someone my own age with whom I can ride... She's 25! :) Anyway, Tressie just bought her road bike a couple of months ago, so we're both new to the long distance riding. She's super nice and we're planning on participating, together, in several of the longer upcoming rides. There is a 65 mile ride scheduled for this Saturday and I just committed, today, to a 65 mile ride in Mt. Vernon on July 7th. Tressie and I only rode 25 miles on Monday evening and we're planning to meet again tomorrow night to ride another 25 miles.

I spent my day in Monett, MO today at a "Problem Solving" class for work. It was a fun class, but it will be nice to return to a "normal" day tomorrow (whatever that is). When I got home tonight, I finished painting the bi-fold doors that open up into our outside storage area and washed the garage door so that it can be painted in the near future. I planted two climbing rose bushes off the back patio and tied up some tomato plants that were weighted down by green tomatoes. I've been using a deer, rabbit, and squirrel repellant to keep the squirrels out of my garden, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm still coming home to half-eaten green tomatoes lying on the ground next to the plants. I just don't know what to do about them and it's becoming VERY frustrating. It won't be but just a day or two until we'll be able to enjoy some of our own home-grown squash, bell peppers, cucumbers, and some more tomatoes and radishes. The lettuce is nearly, if not already, ready to pick.

I made a card tonight using my new "Baroque Motifs" stamp set from the upcoming Winter catalog. I stamped the images on "Whisper White" cardstock using Versamark ink and a gold detail embossing powder. The gold paper and the ribbon are from Michael's. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment