Thursday, June 28, 2007

Squirrels Don't Like Squash

Apparently, the squirrels don't like my squash, THANK GOODNESS!! I picked the first squash this morning and had seven of them ready. Everything else seems to be growing along very quickly. The tomato plants are loaded and I think I'm going to try some cayenne pepper as a squirrel deterrent next. The smelly liquid concoction that I bought from ACE Hardware didn't really do the trick. We also have radishes, lettuce, green peppers, and spinach ready for picking. I'll have to try to do that tonight. My bike ride was rained out last night, so I'm planning on trying to get 25 miles in today after work. We have thunderstorms in our forecast for tonight, but it's partly sunny right now. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment