Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Crazy Stampin' Friends

I went over to Gwen Mangelson's house tonight to work on swaps for the upcoming Stampin' Up! convention. If you aren't familiar with stamping or scrapbooking, a swap is simply a card or other crafty project that you "swap" with another crafter to get new ideas and inspiration. I am planning to take at least 100 swaps to convention and am planning on creating at least three different items. Tonight I completed 20 cards just like the one below. The little notepad will be another of my swaps, but I only have one completed. I was playing around with the idea and I think I really like it. I may hate them by the time I complete 40 or 50 of them but, for now, I think they're cute. I really like that flower stamp from the "Year After Year" set... can you tell??



Vanessa Farkas (http://ozarkglittergirl.typepad.com/beauty_for_ashes/) was at Gwen's tonight, too, and the three of us had a GREAT time stamping and just spending time together. Every time one of us said something, someone else would break into a song that used the words or phrase that had just been said. I know that's corny, but it was nice to just spend time with friends and laugh about silly things. I'm sure Gwen will have pictures of our time spent together on her blog (http://gwensstampinfun.typepad.com/) tomorrow. Just click on the link to check them out.

It's getting late and I have a big weekend ahead of me, so I'm going to close for now. Curtis went to a demolition derby or drag race (or something of that nature) tonight and he's still out, so it's just me, Ernie, Smith & Wesson - very quiet!! TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment