Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm Pooped!

We had a super exciting day today. Part of my family was here today for a cookout. It dawned on me, not long after everyone left, that I didn't take any pictures. No one else did, either, so I don't have any pictures to post. Actually, I've noticed a pattern to my picture taking and I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to change my ways. If the get-together is not at our house I ALWAYS take my camera and take pictures. If the get-together is at our house, I never even think about picking the camera up. HHHHHMMMM.... I'm going to have to work on that! We had 11 of us all together and would have had 13 but my brother, Philip, and his girlfriend, Jamie, were unable to be here. Our visitors included my mom and dad; my brother, Derek, his girlfriend, Tammy, and Tammy's daughter, Anna; and my Uncle Paul and Aunt Marie. I attempted to grill burgers outside, but we had a small grease fire incident and I moved it inside to the George Foreman grill. That slowed down the cooking process tremendously since it took about 5 minutes to cook a burger as opposed to the 30 seconds it took to cook skeet in the grease fire. Everyone brought something, which really helps out and I think it makes it more fun since we get to sample everyone's cooking. Mom and Dad brought potato salad, macaroni & cheese, and homemade pound cake with fresh peaches. Marie and Paul brought "Marie's Scrumdiliumptious Fruit Salad" (That's what I think I'll call it from now on... and YES... I made that word up) and homemade pies. I was so stuffed after dinner that I couldn't hold any pie, but I know it's good because I've had her pies before and loved them! Derek and Tammy brought chips, buns, and other hamburger and hot dog accessories. I made baked beans and sliced up all the veggies. It was a REALLY good meal, but I'm REALLY wishing I hadn't eaten so much!!

Other than our cookout today, the weekend was fairly quiet. The kids chose to stay with their mother this weekend, with the exception of a few hours today. I spent yesterday cleaning house and putting another 7 quarts of green beans and 5 quarts of squash up. Between that, cleaning, and grocery shopping, I really didn't have much time to do anything else. That really irks me, too, because I got a big Stampin' Up! order in last week and haven't had time to play with any of it yet. The anticipation is about to kill me. I just hope I can find sometime this week to play with it.

I was in the garden earlier today and it appears that the green beans are about to croak. That one seed packet produced over 14 quarts of green beans (I know we ate at least 3 quarts of fresh green beans in addition to the 14 quarts that I froze), so I'm happy with how my first gardening experience turned out. The squash, tomatoes, green peppers, cantalopes, and cucumbers are still producing and are still looking really healthy.

I hope you all had a good weekend and I'll try to post some new SU projects this week! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment