Friday, August 17, 2007

United Way Day Of Caring

I spent the day, yesterday, with two of my bestest friends - Christy and Joni. We volunteered to participate in the United Way Day Of Caring and were assigned to paint at the Family Violence Center here in Springfield. We painted one bedroom and then were assigned to apply Kilz to the front entrance area of the building. I was amazed by the number of volunteers who had donated their time for this cause. I had fun working with Joni and Christy, but I think we all had headaches from the paint by the time we finished.

Well, I'm off to Chicago. I will be meeting my uncle Len and his wife and spending time with my brothers, David and Eric. Sue and I are driving up together and will be leaving within the next half hour. I'll be sure to post pictures when I get back and let you know how things went.

Have a great weekend! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment