Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Stamps, Friends, & Chocolate... What More Could A Girl Want?

Well, today is the second Wednesday of the month, which means it's the crazy Stampin' Up! ladies night!! We all met at Vanessa's house tonight where Gwen had organized a couple of make and takes. One of the items was this cute little gift basket...

Here are some pictures of the girls. We had a great time, even though I was feeling a little puny. I donated blood this afternoon and it drained me!! :) I've just been extremely tired and a little light-headed ever since. Someone had provided chocolate for our little get-together, though, so it's all good!!
This is an anniversary card I made for our cousins, Tim & Lori. Their 25th wedding anniversary was on the 7th and I'm afraid I mailed the card a day late. Sorry, Tim & Lori!! I hope you enjoyed the card, anyway. We were thinking about you even though the card wasn't there on time. We went out for ice cream in your honor!! :) The background of the card is made using Soft Sky and Whisper White cardstock. I used the 'Baroque Motifs' stamp set to stamp the swirly background with Whisper White craft ink. The flower was made using the 'Doodle This' stamp set and markers in Pixie Pink and Pretty in Pink. I then used a glue pen to appy Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The center of the flower is a pink sequin and I applied three of those same sequins to the bottom of the card and used the 'Happy Anniversary' stamp from the 'Hugs & Wishes' set. Across the center of the card, I placed a piece of pale pink ribbon to finish it off.

I haven't cycled in over two weeks and will be participating in the annual Tour De Cox this weekend. It's a 60 mile route, so wish me luck. I don't think I'll have a chance to ride between now and then and really don't know if I want to unless it cools off and the humidity decreases.

No comments:

Post a Comment