Thursday, January 3, 2008

Too Much Of A Good Thing


Too much of a good thing is a GOOD THING!! The challenge on Splitcoast today was to use flowers. Think I used enough? If you click on the photo, you can see it up close and personal. Every flower has Dazzling Diamonds on it, so it's super-duper sparkly!! I LOVE bling!! I was having a hard time deciding what colors to use on this card, so I just used the colors from Tuesday's color challenge. I guess this would be a "double feature" card. Anyway, the stamp set I used on this card is called "Time Well Spent" and is a level 3 hostess set. That means that if you host a Stampin' Up! party and have a minimum of $500 in sales from that party, this stamp set could be yours ABSOLUTELY FREE!! If your sales total $500, you'd also receive another $60 in free products from the current catalog. You don't HAVE to have sales of $500 to host a party, either. As long as your sales total $150 or more, you'll receive FREE stuff. The higher your sales, though, the more benefits you receive. Lucky for you, you don't even have to sell a thing! That's what I'm here for! Okay... back to my card. I used Taken With Teal, Certainly Celery, and Real Red cardstock for my base. The sentiment is stamped using Taken With Teal Craft Ink and then heat embossed using Irridescent Ice embossing powder. The flowers were all stamped with Jet Black StazOn on Whisper White cardstock and were colored with SU markers in Taken With Teal, Certainly Celery, and Real Red. After they were colored, I cut each one of them out using my handy-dandy SU Paper Snips. Those things will make the tiniest of cuts and are super sharp. Once all the flowers were colored and cut out, I used a glue pen to apply Dazzling Diamonds to each of them. I then adhered them to my card randomly, using SU Dimensionals on some of them to make them POP.
Well, it's day six after my surgery and the pain is still not any better. I slept quite a bit more last night than I have most nights, so that's a good thing. I'm still eating a really mushy diet. I tried mashed potatoes one night, but I do better with foods that are not quite that solid. I haven't lost any weight yet, which is disappointing, so I'll just keep trying. Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, flowers, and cards. Everything is VERY much appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment