Thursday, January 10, 2008

Yes... I'm Still Kickin'...

I haven't posted for a while because I'm just almost embarrassed to admit that my throat hasn't started feeling much better yet. When I talked to the nurse at my doctor's office on Monday, though, she said I could expect another week of this. WOO-HOO!!!! (Do you sense the sarcasm here???) Needless to say, this is getting REALLY old, REALLY fast!!
I've been creating some cards this week, but can't share all of them with you quite yet. I'll be having a class, later this month, where we'll make some of those same cards and I'm trying to keep them a surprise for my attendees. This card is the only relatively successful card I could come up with today and I'm still not 100% happy with the outcome. Splitcoast had a color challenge on Tuesday. The challenge was to use Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, and Barely Banana together. If you're familiar with the term "brain fart", you know what I mean when I say I had one. The first several attempts at using these colors is not blog worthy and I'm almost embarrassed to show them to my waste basket. Anyway, this is the best I could do today. "Momma said there'd be days like this"... isn't that how the saying goes?? For this card, I used the three colors mentioned above, along with Whisper White cardstock. The flourishes were stamped off on scratch paper first and then stamped on my Whisper White cardstock for a softer appearance. The sentiment was stamped using full color in Blue Bayou. The flower was stamped using Jet Black StazOn and colored with Blue Bayou ink and a blender pen and a Barely Banana SU marker. The leaves were stamped on Wild Wasabi cardstock using Wild Wasabi ink. I cut the leaves and flower out (freehand) and applied Dazzling Diamonds with a glue pen. I added an SU Rhinestone Brad for just a little more bling. The row of flowers, at the bottom, is stamped on Whisper White cardstock and colored, just as I colored the main image. It's mounted on a strip of Blue Bayou, which is also what I used for my card base. I'll try to do better tomorrow... I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment