Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's Definitely Missouri Weather!

On Saturday we enjoyed a 12 mile bicycle ride in shorts and short sleeves while the temps made it into the low 70's. This morning we awoke to almost 9 inches of snow and temps that didn't make it out of the 30's today. Ernie enjoyed the snow several times today for very short periods of time on each outing. I'm not sure you can see it or not, but his lips are covered in snow in the third picture. He likes to "root" in the snow!























This is a card that I made when I was trying to figure out what I was going to do for the swaps I'll take with me to this Friday's Stampin' Up! regional meeting. I had already made 20 of the "Essence Of Love" cards seen in a previous post (River Rock, Basic Black, and Whisper White CS) and wanted something that wouldn't be too terribly time consuming.

The image was stamped with Taken With Teal Craft Ink and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I used Taken With Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, and Whisper White CS along with Bali Breeze DSP. The ribbon is Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon.


By the time I finished this one, I had decided that it took way too long for me to think about making another 19 of them.








Then I started tinkering with some other ideas last night and came up with this card. With Curt's help (he punched all the pieces for the flowers) I was able to get 20 of them made in a reasonable amount of time. The stamp set is "She's All That" from the Occassions Mini Catalog. I used Basic Black, Pretty In Pink, and Whisper White CS. I ran a glue pen along the edges of each flower piece and added Dazzling Diamonds before assembling the flowers. The flower was added to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. The image was stamped with Basic Black Craft Ink and then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I thought it turned out very "crisp" and I love it mostly because it's got lots of bling! The second photo is a closeup at a little different angle so you can really see the sparkle.

When I finished with those cards, I still wanted to have some more swaps, so I made fourteen of these cards real quick. These are "business builders" and are little cards measuring a whopping 2 1/2" X 4" that hold a business card. I used More Mustard, Old Olive, and Brocade Blue CS and classic ink. Images are stamped on Whisper White and include stamps from the "Baroque Motifs" and "Sincere Salutations" sets. The "tabs" to hold my business cards were made using the Slit punch.







I STILL didn't think I had enough swaps and I had eight of these 2008 calendars left and wanted to use them up. I added Fall Flowers DSP to a 4" X 4" chipboard coaster. The calendar was added using Sticky Strip. The stamped image is from "Time Well Spent" (Level III Hostess Set) and was stamped in Jet Black StazOn. The flowers were colored with a Really Rust Stampin' Write Marker and the word "Friends" was colored with Soft Sky classic ink and a blender pen. The image was matted on Soft Sky and Really Rust CS. I also stamped the itsy-bitsy flower from "Time Well Spent" in the bottom corner of each page of the calendar in Really Rust classic ink. Of course, I used a glue pen on the flowers and added Dazzling Diamonds to finish it off. Each calendar has magnets on the back. I put one on my fridge just to test it out and they look maw-velous!
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment