Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Birds & The Bees

I know what you're thinking and that's just WRONG!! The birds and bees I'm referring to are the ones frequenting my hummingbird feeders. I've had lots of hummingbirds and butterflies all summer, but today was the first day I came home to a swarm of bees. Any of you who know me very well will know that it took a LOT of courage to get close enough to take this picture. I'm sure you all would have been laughing at the way I jumped back every time I saw something move out of the corner of my eye.


I just had to put a couple of shots of my sweet boys in here. Ernie is the one who seems to get all the press, so I thought I'd show off my other two boys. This is "Wesson" playing in a bag from Panera Bread. Who knew you got free kitty toys with a "Bagel Pack"?

...And this is "Smith" napping on the loveseat. "Wesson" is sweet when he wants to be, but "Smith" is my full-time sweetheart. He's VERY shy, but he loves his mama!!

...Okay... On to the other things I've been doing this week. I've only cycled about 50 miles this week, but am planning on a 70-ish mile ride this Saturday. It is an organized ride, so we'll have SAG (Support And Gear) support. That's always nice since the sponsors provide all the food and drinks at the rest stops. I always make sure to take drinks and snacks with me, though, just in case.

This first card is one I made for one of Curt's customers who was getting married last weekend. I used cardstock in Basic Black, Whisper White, Groovy Guava, and Soft Sky. The polka dots are stamped on with Whisper White craft ink and are heat embossed. The cake was stamped using black StazOn ink and then I watercolored it using re-inkers in Soft Sky and Groovy Guava.


I think this next card needs something else, but I can't decide what. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment. I just think it needs something in the lower right-hand of the piece of cardstock that has the flowers stamped on it. I used Apple Cider DSP (Designer Series Paper) and the True Friend stamp set. Cardstock used was Close to Cocoa, River Rock, and Really Rust. Classic inks were used with the stamps and included Really Rust, Wild Wasabi, and Close to Cocoa.

This is probably one of my favorites, so far. I used some "cheapy" paper that I bought in a ginormous economy pack and I've hated it ever since. I REALLY, REALLY like it on this card, though. The only piece of the "cheapy" paper is the striped paper on the far left-hand side of the card. I used Brilliant Blue cardstock and stamped the circles (Polka Dots & Petals stamp set) in Whisper White craft ink and then heat embossed them. The base of the card is Real Red Cardstock. The letters were cut using my Cricut and the "Back To School" text was printed from my PC on Whisper White cardstock. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby, but coordinates very nicely with my SU colors.

This next card is very unique. There are actually three parts to the card. There is a sleeve that the card slides into. The card is the Very Vanilla cardstock with the Baroque Motifs swirl stamped on it and the So Saffron tab at the top. The third piece is the band that goes around the sleeve for decoration. I used the Au Chocolat DSP for this card and cardstock in Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and So Saffron. Inks used were classic SU inks in Rose Red and So Saffron. This is what it looks like when it's all put together...

...and this is what it looks like when you pull the card out. I'll write a note or a sentiment on the card before sending it. I made it so it will fit in a regular card envelope.

That's about all I know right now. I haven't heard from my brother, Tim, yet. I'm assuming that Tiffani and Peyton are doing just fine and that he's still in shock and awe over the presence of this precious new life in their home. If that's NOT the reason he hasn't called, then he'd better have a REALLY darned good reason!! :) TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment