Monday, October 22, 2007

Bad Blogger

It seems that I've become very lax with my blogging of late. I must have been so exhausted after the MS150 that I didn't have the energy to write. I really have been working on crafty projects since then, but haven't taken the time for pictures or posts. I made a Christmas ornament that I wanted to share with you tonight, though. The only thing from SU that I used on this ornament is the Dazzling Diamonds glitter and Crystal Effects. The stamp is a Great Impressions stamp that I bought last year to make Christmas cards with. Here I stamped the image on a transparency, using jet black StazOn ink. On the back of the transparency, I used a VersaMark pen and white embossing powder to create the snow (this was set using a heat gun). Next, I colored the image using Sharpie markers. Once the image was completely dry, I cut it out using a Coluzzle template (you should leave a little tab at the top that will extend through the "neck" of the ornament so the image will stay upright). I used a paintbrush to brush a thin coat of Crystal Effects on the back of the image and then added Dazzling Diamonds glitter while it was still wet. I let the Crystal Effects dry, rolled the image up and stuffed it inside the ornament. Once inside, it unrolled and... WAH-LAH... it turned out bee-you-tee-ful. Since this picture was taken, however, I managed to set a box down on top of my ornament, smashing it to smithereens. No worries... I have several more boxes of the clear ornaments and I think they're on sale at Michael's this week, anyway. When I make more of these, I think I'll cut the transparency just a little bit bigger to fill the ornament a little better. Also, I didn't have any fake snow, but once I get some, I'll pour a little in the bottom of the ornament to make it look a little like a snow globe. In that case, I guess you're being cheated since you aren't seeing the COMPLETETLY finished project! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment