Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Few More Cards

Well, about the time I got my bicycle tires aired up and the bike loaded in my vehicle, I noticed that the sky was getting pretty black to the north. We had high winds, heavy rain, and hail AGAIN! I'm so sick of rain and storms! I don't think Missouri can take much more water!

Since I didn't get to ride, I made a few more cards.

This card uses the Zoofari stamp set. I stamped the images in Real Red, Brilliant Blue, and Green Galore. Each image is matted on coordinating cardstock. My card base is Basic Black and Yo-Yo Yellow. I cut a strip of Basic Black and used the spiral punch on the edges. The images were then adhered to that strip. I stamped the sentiment from the "Hugs & Wishes" stamp set and cut it out using the Key Tag punch. I cut a piece of Brilliant Blue to 1 3/16" tall (and longer than my sentiment) and used the 1 1/4" circle punch to round the ends. I added silver eyelets to each side and ran a piece of Real Red grosgrain ribbon through.





This stamp set was one I saw at Jo-Ann's the other day in the $1 bin. I needed another stamp set about as badly as I need a hole in my head, but I bought it anyway. I stamped the images in Jet Black StazOn and colored the diaper with a Pretty In Pink marker. It was matted on Pretty In Pink and Close to Cocoa CS. I punched the corners of the Pretty In Pink piece with the Ticket Corner punch and added Pretty In Pink brads to each corner. A strip of Berry Bliss DSP was matted on Close To Cocoa CS and added to the card front with a Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon tied in a knot.

This card has a base of Close to Cocoa and Pretty In Pink. The image was stamped from the "Party Hearty" stamp set (coming out in the next catty) using Choco Chip and Pretty In Pink markers. I used my glue pen and added Dazzling Diamonds for the sprinkles on each cupcake. I added a strip of Berry Bliss DSP and tied a Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon in a knot and trimmed the ends. I used linen thread to tie the tag, which was stamped from the same stamp set and punched out using the small tag punch. I punched a piece of Purely Pomegrante with the large tag punch and matted the sentiment on that piece.

That's all for today! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment