Saturday, June 28, 2008

Catching Up

I have a lot of catching up to do, so here goes...


The photo of this scrapbook page doesn't do it justice (click on photos to view larger images). Actually, I was just playing around with a layout that I might be able to use for swaps at convention. I haven't made an actual scrapbook page in AGES, so this was fun. I used traitor paper all the way around since I was just trying to come up with a layout, but it turned out really cute. Miss Emily is what makes it so stinkin' cute... NOT my scrapbooking abilities!!


This is the same card I posted a few days ago done in different colors. My previous card used "in colors", though, and I can't use those on convention swaps since they'll be retiring. I changed my colors to Tempting Turquoise, More Mustard, and Garden Green. I used the East Coast Prep DSP and Real Red grosgrain ribbon with the "Wild About You" stamp set.

This is another card that I posted last week and changed the colors on. I originally made this one using Soft Sky, but that color will be retiring this year, so I changed it to Blush Blossom. The card base is Basic Gray. I stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs in Blush Blossom and then stamped the starbursts in Going Gray. I used my two-way glue pen to add Dazzling Diamonds to each starburst. The sentiment was stamped in Blush Blossom and then offset and stamped again in Basic Gray. The ribbon is Basic Gray taffeta from SU!

I'm not that crazy about this card. It sounded like a good idea at the time, but it just didn't turn out quite the way I had it pictured. My card base is Certainly Celery with a layer of Bashful Blue which was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. A piece of Cutie Pie DSP was matted on a piece of Rose Red CS, which was cut with my Spellbinders Nestabilities. The flower, from "Ginormous Flowers", was stamped with Regal Rose and Rose Red craft ink and heat embossed with Irridescent Ice. I punched a flower out of the Cutie Pie DSP with the 1/2" circle punch and used it on a "Build-A-Brad" for the flower center. The bow was made by knotting a scrap piece of Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon. The sentiment is from "Happy Everything" and was stamped in Basic Black classic ink on So Saffron CS and then matted on Basic Black CS.


This card is for the daughter of one of my BFF's. Amy's daughter, Natalie, is getting ready to turn (you guessed it) 4. This card has absolutely no stamping on it. I used my Cricut for everything .

Unfortunately, I need to send a couple of sympathy cards this week. I love the simplicity and the elegance of this layout. My card base is River Rock. I stamped the image from "Close As A Memory" in River Rock classic ink on Whisper White CS and matted it on Basic Black. The sentiment was stamped in Basic Black classic ink. After matting my image several times, I added a bow at the bottom using the River Rock double-stitched ribbon.

This card was made for an inspiration challenge on Splitcoast Stampers several weeks ago. My card base is Soft Sky. I stamped the image from "Essence of Love" in Soft Sky classic ink on Whisper White CS. I cut the stamped image into four equal strips and then added them to another piece of Soft Sky CS. That piece was then matted on Pink Passion CS. The flower was dry embossed on vellum, using a Sizzix embossing folder. After it was embossed, I used SU! markers and a blender pen to color on the BACK side of the vellum. I THINK this technique is called stained glass, but don't remember for sure. The sentiment was stamped in Blue Bayou classic ink and then I added a piece of traitor ribbon that matched my Pink Passion CS.


On to the Father's Day cards... Both of these cards, obviously, use the same image from "For Father". I stamped them on watercolor paper with Jet Black StazOn ink and then watercolored them using my SU! markers and an AquaPainter. I LOVE, LOVE this technique!! Both cards started with a card base of Chocolate Chip and then I added Outlaw DSP (retired) and coordinating colors. The ribbon is "twill tape" from SU! and has brads added for a little extra manliness (is that a word?). I don't people thinking I make sissy man cards!! :)


This card also uses an image from the "For Father" stamp set. I used the same techniques and paper for this card that I used on

the apple cards above. I added a piece of Chocolate Chip poly-twill ribbon to the center. That is some of the best ribbon I've ever worked with. I don't think I've ever had to re-tie it... it looks good the first time, every time.




This card was made for a sketch challenge on the 2sketches4you blog. I started with a card base of Basic Black. The image was stamped in Really Rust and Old Olive (colored the stamp directly with markers) on Whisper White CS. I rounded the corners and matted that image on Basic Black CS. The next layer is a print from the Fall Flowers DSP, which was also matted on Basic Black after rounding the corners. I removed the guide from my corner rounder punch to create the scallops on the Old Olive CS and then matted that on a piece of Basic Black CS. The sentiment was stamped in Basic Black classic ink. The flowers are from the Pretties Kit and have rhinestone brads added to the centers.



Last, but not least... I found these chipboard letters at JoAnn's the other day. They were already covered in a patterned paper, but they didn't have one bit of bling. I added sequins, felt flowers, rhinestone brads, and Dazzling Diamonds before stringing them together (eyelets were already in the tops of each letter) with some traitor ribbon I also picked up at JoAnn's. Can you guess who this was for?? Lauren loved it and opted to hang it above her closet doors in her room so she could look at it while sitting on her bed. I offered to make one for Branden, but he didn't really like the colors and all that bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment