Friday, June 13, 2008

The Rains Came Down...




The rains came down and I'm pretty sure they washed the spider out. When I got home from work, I hopped on my scooter and drove around taking photos. These pictures are just a SMALL example of the flooding in Springtown today. I don't know exactly how much rain we got, but it was a significant amount over the entire course of the day. These three pictures (about three blocks from our house) were taken around 5 PM today, which was about an hour to an hour and a half after it quit raining. The boy in the photos is about 13 years old and the water was over his knees in places. It was amazing how fast it came down.



This card is for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I used Soft Sky for my card base and then added a couple layers of Fall Flowers DSP. I stamped the images from 'Together Forever' in Old Olive classic ink on Whisper White CS. The image was matted on Soft Sky and Old Olive, which were cut using my Spellbinders Nestabilities. I added a little jewel (looks like a little rhinestone) to the center of each flower and then tied a bow using Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon.














This card is for this week's color challenge and this week's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. My card base is Regal Rose. I embossed a piece of Whisper White CS using one of my Cuttlebug embossing folders and then smudged ink on the raised part by dragging my Regal Rose classic ink pad across it. I used a Real Red ink pad to ink the edges. I adhered that piece to my card base. The floral image was stamped from the 'Live Your Dream' stamp set from the Ocassions Mini catalog. I used markers to color the image. The stem was colored with Always Artichoke. The flower centers were colored with So Saffron. The flower was colored with Regal Rose and then I colored the outside edges of the petals with Real Red. I spritzed the stamp with water before stamping the image on Whisper White CS. I LOVE the way this technique turned out with this particular stamp. The image was matted on Real Red and then on a scalloped piece of So Saffron, which was cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities. I used my 1/8" circle punch to punch two holes at the top to run my ribbon through. That's traitor ribbon, by the way, from Hobby Lobby.

With all the rain today, I didn't get to ride my new scooter to work. Thankfully, it quit raining by the time I got home tonight. Otherwise, I would have been sitting on it in the garage revving the engine and pretending to be going somewhere. As far as our neighbors know, we're still VERY normal people.

Tripod is getting stronger and faster every day and I'm torn between keeping him just because he's so darned cute and loveable and turning him loose so he can go live with his siblings. I still worry about dogs in the neighborhood being able to outrun him, so I'm really going to have to think long and hard about this. He's eating rabbit food that I bought at PetsMart VERY well and he gets shredded carrots, dry oatmeal, and freshly picked clover as treats about every other day. He's, actually, getting pretty fat. I don't know WHY he'd want to go back to the life of a wild rabbit... I guess that's something only a wild rabbit can understand.

Well, I'm riding in the Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks annual bicycle ride tomorrow and have to be up bright and early so I can jump in the saddle and hit the road. I suppose I should get to bed so it won't be so difficult getting up early on a Saturday morning. Enjoy your weekend and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! I'll have Father's Day cards to post on or after Sunday. I'd post them now, but I don't want anyone peeking!! Toodles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beide Karten sind wunderschön!

Post a Comment