Monday, October 27, 2008

I've Been Inspired!



Today, I received this beautiful card from my brother and sister-in-law, Eric and Alysia. I loved it first because it came from Eric and Alysia, which always excites me. Eric is one of three birth brothers, all of whom I was able to meet for the first time last summer. The second reason I loved this card was because glitter outlines each of the larger butterfly wings. The third reason I loved it so much was because it absolutely screamed "Flight of the Butterfly", which is one of the new stamp sets in the current Stampin' Up! catalog. It was also one of our free sets for attending convention this year and I had only used it a couple of times before today. When I saw this card, though, I was just beside myself with excitement. I couldn't wait to get off work so I could come home and play!! I have NEVER made a card with no layers, which is difficult for me. I RARELY make a card with no bling, either, so adding the Dazzling Diamonds to this one was right up my alley. I'm not going to list each color I used because the list is so long. If you'd like to see the full list, though, you can view the card in my Splitcoast Stampers Gallery. Once you get there, just click on the image to view the details.
This is a perfect example of the versatility of Stampin' Up! products. You don't have to have lots of layers, embellishments, and tools to create a beautiful card. I DO, however, encourage you to buy all those products FROM ME just in case you need them. ;) (Proceeds will, most likely, be used to buy a plane ticket to see my baby brothers and their families.) Hope you like my card and a big THANK YOU to Eric and Alysia for inspiring me!! Love you! Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment