Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Onsie And A Tu-Tusie...


I saw this idea for a "onesie turned tu-tu" at a craft show not long ago and knew I wanted to try it (Click on image to enlarge). The very next week Hobby Lobby had tulle on sale for half price so I knew it must be a sign. I sewed three layers of tulle around the waist and only sewed the crotch into it two times. Thank goodness for seam rippers!! After adding all three layers of tulle, which was gathered, I sewed a piece of ribbon around the top layer to give it a more finished look. The little flower on the right side is a piece of wide white grosgrain ribbon that I gathered into a circle. I added a pink flower shaped button to the center of that and sewed it on the onesie. It turned out pretty "onesie tu-tu cutsie", but I'm not sure I'll do another one unless I have requests. Hope your Sunday is just splendiferous! Thanks for stopping by and toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment